The Horror Game Awards 2023, the ceremony that closed the most recent edition of Fear Fest, consecrated the remake of Resident Evil 4 as the big winner of the night. Capcom’s title took home five trophies, including horror game of the year. Once again, it shows the franchise’s power and this game in particular. RE4 Remake has always been the most popular game in the franchise, it dictated many tendencies for the genre and revolutionized the segment back in 2004. The Remake is an excellent re-imagination that pays a needed tribute and improves the formula.
To take the top trophy of the night, the remake competed with The Unholy Trinity, Signals, System Shock Remake, and The Callisto Protocol. Meanwhile, it was awarded in technical and acting categories.
Check out all the winners of the Horror Game Awards 2023 below:
- Best Performance — Nick Apostolides, in RE4
- Best Soundtrack — Resident Evil 4
- Best Game Design — RE4
- Best Character — Leon S. Kennedy, from Resident Evil 4
- Horror Game of the Year — RE4
- Best VR/AR Game — Resident Evil Village VR
- Best Horror Trailer — Silent Hill 2
- Best Horror Multiplayer — The Outlast Trials
- Best Indie Game — Signals
- Best Audio Design — Dead Space Remake
- Best Art Direction — Scorn
- Lifetime Achievement Award — Michael Hedberg, Alone in The Dark
Resident Evil 4 Remake – More Content is About to Come
RE4 Remake was awarded as the Best Horror Game of 2023, and we believe that more prizes are set to come soon. With The Game Awards 2023 drawing near, the game is certainly getting more titles. It’s a strong candidate for the best horror game of 2023.
Besides the awards, we are pretty sure that CAPCOM is not done yet with Resident Evil 4 Remake. The company is reportedly working on more DLCs, and we will soon see the reimagination of the “Separate Ways” campaign from the PS2 game. In this campaign, we take the role of Ada Wong in his mission which happens in parallel to Leon’s quest.